Family Caregiver Program
The Family Caregiver program targets resources and information to help:
- Those caring for adults 60+ or those caring for persons with Alzheimer's or a related memory disorder regardless of age.
- Grandparents 55+ with the responsibility of raising their grandchildren.
- Provides information and referral services.
- Evaluates needs and helps to find resources available in the community.
- Offers counseling and educational services such as training and support services.
- Provides respite care, allowing caregivers time to meet responsibilities outside of the home.
The Caregiver Support Group is a non-judgmental platform that urges caregivers to feel validated, learn from each other's experiences, ask for advice, and learn about useful resources.
This support group is offered to all family caregivers registered with the Senior Enrichment Center's Family Caregiver Support Program. If interested, please contact Alveda Person at 910-947-4186 or via email to complete a registration application and get added to the invitation list.
This support group is FREE and welcomes family caregivers of all capacities.
Please visit our on-site Caregiver Lending Library. Books and DVDs can be checked out and are related to:
- Caregiving; Grief and Bereavement
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- Health and Wellness
There are also FREE Stress Management Handbooks as well as educational brochures and booklets.
For more information on the Family Caregiver Support Program call Family Caregiver Advisor, Alveda Person at 910-947-4186.