- Pregnant women are certified for their pregnancy and up to six weeks postpartum.
- By 6 weeks postpartum they must be recertified as a postpartum woman or breastfeeding woman.
- Non-breastfeeding postpartum women are certified until six months postpartum.
- Breastfeeding postpartum women are certified until their infants are one year old.
- Infants are certified up to one year old.
- Children are certified every six months until five years of age.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call toll-free at 866-632-9992 (Voice). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339; or 800-845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.