Do I need a grease trap or interceptor?

Residential homes and apartments do not need a trap/interceptor. All restaurants and other commercial or food service establishments (hospitals, rest homes, schools, grocery stores, etc.) that perform any type of food preparation must have a grease trap or interceptor. If you are unsure of the need or have any questions, contact the Pretreatment Coordinator.

Show All Answers

1. What is FOG?
2. Where does it come from?
3. Why is FOG a problem?
4. Who is affected?
5. What can I do to help?
6. Do I need a grease trap or interceptor?
7. Residential FOG: What should I be doing?
8. Commercial FOG: What Should I be doing?
9. Where can I dispose of used oil?