In order to protect public health, groundwater resources and the environment, the Health Department ensures the proper placement, installation, maintenance and operation of septic systems through its programs.
- Rules for Onsite Wastewater
- List of Septic System Contractors
- Application for Septic System Permit
- Application for Septic System Permit for a Barn or Barn Apartment
- Application for Septic System Repair
- Application for Septic System Recertification
- Application for Septic System Recertification for a Mobile Home
Septic System Additional Resources
The Moore County Health Department is committed to the protection of our groundwater resources in order to assure a safe and adequate supply of water for our citizens. Protection of this resource is accomplished through proper location, construction, permitting and inspection of wells.
- Rules for wells (PDF)
- List of well contractors
- Water testing application
- Application for Well Permit
Well and water testing additional resources: