PDF Print E-mail
User Rating: / 22




If I am registered as Unaffilliated, may I vote in a Primary Election?

Yes.  If you are an unaffiliated voter you can choose to vote in either the Democratic or Republican Primary.  You must choose only one party's primary.  Participating in a partisan primary will not affect your status as an unaffilliated voter.

NOTE:  If you choose to vote an unaffilliated ballot you will only vote for non-partisan offices. (ie. Judges or School board)


What is the deadline to register to vote in an election?

The registration form must be received at the Board of Elections office no later than 5:00pm on the 25th day prior to the election or postmarked by that date.


What are the Polls hours on Election Day?

All polls are open for voting from 6:30am to 7:30pm


How do I know where to vote?

Once your registration has been processed you will be mailed a voter information card that will list your polling place.  Your polling place is assigned based on the precinct in which you reside.

If you are not sure of your polling place or you have moved from the residence address currently listed on your voting record, you may call our office: 910-947-3868 or check the status of your voter information online.


I drive by a Polling Place on my way to work, why can't I vote there?

On Election Day, you should vote in your assigned precinct in order to make sure you are issued a ballot that contains all races for which you are eligible to vote.

If you go to the wrong precinct, you may be required to vote a provisional ballot as you will not be listed on the books at that precinct.  Please plan to allow yourself extra time if you choose to go to the wrong precinct, as you will be required to fill out all necessary forms before you are issued a provisional ballot.


What if I moved within the county but didn't change my address with the county board of elections?

If you have moved within Moore County more than 30 days prior to an election and failed to notify the Board of Elections before the registration deadline you may:

   ~ Vote early at a One-Stop Absentee voting site.  NC General Statutes allow voters to change their address and vote the correct ballot for the current address when voting at a One-Stop site.

   ~ Vote at your new precinct on Election Day by first obtaining a voter transfer slip from your old precinct and taking it to your new precinct.

   ~ Go straight to the new precinct and vote a provisional ballot.  Please allow yourself extra time for the necessary forms to be completed.


What if a voter is unable to enter the polling place because of age or physical disability?

The voter may request an absentee ballot by mail.  See below for more information on absentee voting.

If the voter chooses to vote on Election Day or at an One-Stop Absentee Site and is unable to enter the polling place, they may vote outside the polling place in their car.  This is called "curbside voting".  Each polling place has a designated area for curbside voting that is marked with a sign.  When you pull up to the sign you will run over a rubber hose that sets off a buzzer inside the polling place to alert precinct officials that they have a curbside voter. 
Learn more about curbside voting here. 


I will be away on election day, how do I vote by absentee ballot?

Any registered voter in Moore County may request an absentee ballot by mail or you may vote at a One-Stop voting location.  
Learn more about absentee voting here.