Forms & Applications

Session Law 2018-136 Senate Bill 3 – Hurricane Florence Disaster Recovery Act

Effective October 16, 2018 Construction Fee Moratorium

Moore County was designated under a major disaster declaration by the President of the United States under the Stafford Act (P.L. 93-288) as a result of Hurricane Florence on September 23, 2018.  For any single commercial or residential project, the Department of Insurance, counties, and cities shall not impose any fee associated with a permit, inspection, or certificate of occupancy required by law for construction, reconstruction, alteration, repair, movement to another site, removal, or demolition of a manufactured home, building, dwelling or structure damaged as a direct result of Hurricane Florence. 

A person is allowed a refund of any fee assessed and collected that is subject to the moratorium imposed.  Applies to the issuance of a permit dated on or after September 13, 2018 and expires December 31, 2018.

Forms and Applications


If you are developing property or planning any type of construction work within the unincorporated area of Moore County then you should first contact the Moore County Planning Department. We will assist you with the process of land development & construction in the county.

We can be reached at 910-947-2221 or 910-947-5010  Mon-Fri 8am-5pm.

Close Menu
Back To Top