Assumed Name Information
3. When the form is printed, check to make sure it complies with the recording standards for North Carolina. The document must be on 8½” x 11” or 8½” x 14” size paper, and must have 3” blank margin at the top of the page, and ¼” margin on the other three sides of the page. Please make sure the document is typed or printed in black on white paper and font no smaller than 9 points. It also must be only printed or typed on one side of the page.
4. Once the form has been printed, it must be completed, and signed in front of a notary. Please have the form notarized before recordation at the Register of Deeds office.
5. When the form is completed, bring it to the Register of Deeds office to be recorded. You may want to check the business name in the grantor index to make sure no one else is using the business name that you have selected. This is located in Vault 1 of the Register of Deeds office or the Register of Deeds web site.
6. The cost to record an Assumed Name is $26.00 for the first 15 pages. If the Assumed Name is more than 15 pages, the cost is $4.00 for each additional page. After recording, the office will return your original document the next business day.
Maps & Plats
- 18”x 24”
- A combination of 18”x 24” and 21”x 30”
- A combination of 18”x 24” and 24”x 36”;or
- A combination of all three sizes
- Highway right-of way plans
- Transportation corridor official maps
- Condominium plans
- No larger than 21”x 30” and no smaller than 8 ½” x 11”
- Satisfactions of Security Instrument G.S. 45-36.10 Content and effect satisfaction.
- Identifies the type of security instrument, the original parties to be security instrument, the recording data for the security instrument and
- the office in which security instrument is recorded.
- States that the person signing the satisfaction is the secured creditor.
- Contains language terminating the effectiveness of the security instrument.
- Is signed by the secured creditor and acknowledged as required by law for a conveyance of an interest in real property.
- Trustee’s Satisfaction G.S. 45-36-20 Content and effect.
- Identifies the original parties to the deed of trust, the recording data for the deed of trust, and the office in which the deed of trust is recorded.
- States that the person signing the trustee’s satisfaction is then serving as Trustee or substitute trustee under the terms of the deed of trust
- Contains language terminating the effectiveness of the deed of trust.
- Is signed by the trustee or substitute trustee then serving under the terms of the deed of trust and acknowledged as required by law for a conveyance of an interest in real property.
- Affidavit of Satisfaction G.S. 36.16 content.
- Identify the type of security instrument, the original parties to the security instrument, the secured creditor, the recording data for the security instrument, and the office in which the security instrument is recorded.
- State the basis upon which the person signing the affidavit is a satisfaction agent.
- State that the person signing the affidavit has reasonable grounds to believe that the secured creditor has received full payment or performance of the secured obligation.
- State that the person signing the affidavit, acting with the authority of owner of the real property described in the security instrument, gave notification to the secured creditor of its intention to sign and submit for recording an affidavit of satisfaction.
- Describe the method by which the person signing the affidavit gave notification in compliance with this Article.
- State that:
- More than 30 days have elapsed since the effective date of that notification, and the person signing the affidavit has no knowledge that the secured creditor has submitted a satisfaction for recording and has not received notification that the secured obligation remains unsatisfied; or
- The secured creditor authorized the person signing the affidavit to sign and record an affidavit of satisfaction.
- Requirements to become a Notary
- Requirements for Reappointment
- Requirements for Name Change/Address Change