Veterans Services


To Assist Veterans and their families in Moore County and obtain benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs and the State of North Carolina.

We work for Veterans and their dependents as county employees……Not the VA!

General Information 

Moore County Veterans Services assists Veterans and Survivors with:

  • Veterans disability compensation claims
  • Non-service connected pension claims - Income-based program
  • Survivor's benefit claims
  • Enrollment with the VA Medical System
  • Requesting Service Records
  • Obtaining Military/Veterans NC Registration Plates
  • Veteran Hunting and Fishing License - 50% or higher
  • Disabled Veteran Tax Relief - 100% Service Connected
  • Ordering VA Grave Markers
  • Referrals to other agencies

What we are unable to assist with:

  • Assist any third parties make claims against a Veterans Benefit
  • We Do Not give out any Veterans information to anyone unless authorized in writing
  • Apply for VA education benefits - You must apply online at
  • Make ID Cards
  • Approve or Deny Claims
  • File for or assist with Social Security
  • Write VA Award Letters
  • Give Financial, Tax, or Medical advice
  • Tell physicians what to do or what to prescribe
  • Prescribe Medicines or Medical Equipment
  • Schedule or Reschedule Medical Appointments
  • Call in prescription refills
  • Make the VA Pay private Doctor Bills
  • Provide Counseling or Medical Services

Resource Guide